Hospital? (updated)

With my fever now approaching 102 topping out at 103.6, and sharp pain radiating up from my right rib cage every time I breathe deeply, they are most likely going to admit me to the hospital. Could be pouch complications, could be gall bladder complications, could be in my head, they just don’t know, but my fever means something is wrong. Right now, I’m just waiting to hear back about whether I will be admitted straight to the Acute Care Surgical Unit (5 North) or will be going through the emergency department. Pretty much a bummer all around, but better safe than sorry.

This entry was posted in Complications, J-Pouch, Recovery, Surgery, Ulcerative Colitis and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Hospital? (updated)

  1. Paul Taylor. says:

    Ben, I’m a friend of your father. I commend you for your bravery and acceptance. I admire your patience and strength. I have no idea what you are really going through; not physically nor emotionally. I say this with nothing but good intentions, and we know what the Road to Hell is paved with. Know your team is doing their best, and look into finding another team. I think your original choices were UCSF and Stanford. Can you call Stanford and get an opinion there? At the very least, it’ll be a shorter drive.
    In the meantime, good luck. I hope they find something they can correct.

  2. Pingback: Taking a Look | Know Guts

  3. Pingback: Thinking Surgery | Know Guts

  4. Pingback: Decisions, Decisions | Know Guts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s