So Far, No Good

The first CT went OK, though the pressure was much more painful than last time. The radiologist said that his initial review didn’t show a leak or abscess (which is good), but that he would still need to view the hi-res images. I then went to see my nurse who didn’t know what to make of my fever/back pain without seeing my lab results and the radiologist’s full report. However, less than 5 minutes later, on my way back to my car, she called to tell me that radiology wants a new CT with a different contrast because it looks like I may have a leak, after all. Awesome. So now I’m waiting 45 minutes for the oral contrast to work its way through my system before the next scan. And then the rush hour drive home. In pain. Awesome day all around. Probably won’t have more results until tomorrow.

This entry was posted in Complications, Ileostomy, J-Pouch, Surgery. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to So Far, No Good

  1. Pingback: A Leak to Delay Surgery | Know Guts

  2. Pingback: No News is Good News? | Know Guts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s